Your Privacy Rights
We share information with employers. We are unable to control their use of your data. We also do not control the data use practices of either (a) those who access your information on or through our sites and applications or (b) ad networks and other third parties with whom we work to serve you personalized ads.
Information collected on our sites and applications is stored in whole or in part in the United States; therefore, your information may become subject to U.S. law.
Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to information we collect on sites and applications owned or controlled by L-1Jobs Worldwide, Inc. or its affiliated companies (“L-1Jobs”). Affiliated companies are entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with L-1Jobs Worldwide, Inc.
We link to other websites over which we have no control. L-1Jobs is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites. You may wish to review the privacy policies of those sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. For example, depending on the services you use, we collect:
- Your name
- Contact information such as address, email address, telephone number
- Credit card number and billing information (for services requiring payment)
- Information about your education, occupation, skills and experience, awards, memberships and affiliations, activities and interests
- Information imported by you or your connections from third party applications
- Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so
- Your ZIP code, postal code, preferences, occupation, career history, interests and favorites
- Your age, gender, race or ethnicity, if permitted by local law and you choose to provide it
We automatically collect information about how you use our sites and mobile applications, the areas of our site that you visit, as well as information about your computer or mobile device including your IP address, device ID, physical location, browser and operating system type, and referring URLs. This information is necessary for providing personalized and location-based content as well as for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services. We may combine this information with information in your account to help prevent fraud.
If you choose to login with Facebook or similar sites, we import the information that you choose to share with us by installing the application or logging into that platform or site, and we make it part of your profile. Because L-1Jobs sites and applications are intended to allow you to share your information and to allow others to find you, we make certain information about you publicly available by default. Such information may, for example, be accessed by everyone on the Internet, including users without accounts, and may appear in public search engine search results. However, you can control the visibility of your information by managing your privacy settings. You can also restrict the information available to others by deleting information you do not want visible or by not providing it at all.
When you post information on another user’s profile or comment on another user’s post, the public availability of that information will be subject to the other user’s privacy settings.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, operate and improve our sites and applications, and foster a positive user experience. Our services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising relating to your career experience and interests, either on our site or other sites with which we have a business relationship.
By registering with L-1Jobs, by managing your profile, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us, information imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts or advertisers;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
- to allow you to contact other users or to invite others to join or create and account;
- to allow you to import information about yourself or your contacts from other sites or applications or to export your information to other sites or applications;
- to make purchases;
- to contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from L-1Jobs or its affiliates;
- to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- to help your friends, contacts, and potential employers find your profile and connect with you;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- to provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications;
- to allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections;
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- to make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you. Or, if you identify yourself as “Mrs.” we will assume you are female.
Some of our products and services, such as our searchable resume database and networking, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you. Profile information may be used for networking with other community members or may be visible to employers who are using L-1Jobs sites and applications.
Information you post in public areas of L-1Jobs sites or applications or place in the searchable resume database may be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. While L-1Jobs takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use, L-1Jobs does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you give to us. Accordingly, you should not post sensitive information, personality profiles, or any other information you would not want made public, to any L-1Jobs site or application.
We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. We show you targeted ads on our sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties.
How We Share Information
One of our primary purposes is to provide you with a platform to broadcast the information in your resume and profile widely in order to maximize your career opportunities. The information we gather may be shared within the L-1Jobs group of companies on a worldwide basis. We do not share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure. We disclose your information as set forth below:
1. We share your information with third parties who help deliver our products and services to you. Examples include hosting our web servers, including resume database storage, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
2. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent. For example:
(a) if you make your resume searchable, then all parties with access to our searchable resume database will have access to your resume;
(b) if you opt in to receive information about the opportunities, products, or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third parties so they may contact you;
(c) if you previously chose to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from L-1Jobs or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt out in those emails or by editing your account profile as described above.
By applying to a job or providing your contact information to show interest in a job, you consent to the disclosure of your information to that employer.
We also share aggregated information (including location data) about L-1Jobs site visitors and application users with third parties to serve advertisements to you on our sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. We may also aggregate data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search. This aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to employers or fellow job seekers or community members. If we create a co-branded site with another company, information will be retained by both companies and subject to the privacy policies of both companies which will be published on the co-branded sites.
3. We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to: (a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
4. We may disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires any or all of L-1Jobs’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event L-1Jobs becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, such information will be disposed of in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the site.
An Important Note About Your Resume
When you create or post a resume, we store it in our searchable resume database in the United States. You may control the status of your resume by setting it to visible, limited, or private. Visible and limited resumes can be found by anyone with access to our resume database. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of resumes that have been viewed or downloaded by others.
Private resumes will not be searchable in our resume database. You may still use your private resume to apply online to a job. If you do, your resume will be transferred to the relevant employer, who may retain a copy of your resume or distribute it to third parties.
We attempt to limit access to our searchable resume database to legitimate users such as paying employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters and human resource professionals, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We cannot control the use made of resumes by third parties who access the resume database. Once your resume has been disclosed, L-1Jobs is not able to retrieve it from the third parties who accessed it.
You may remove your resume from our searchable database at any time. However anyone who viewed your resume may have kept a copy of it in their own files or databases. Accordingly, you should not put sensitive information, personality profiles, or other information you would not want made public, in your resume.
If you provide us with details of a reference, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person is aware that you have forwarded his/her details and has consented in writing for you to do so.
Resumes you give to us must not contain sensitive data relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union or political party (v) physical or mental health or biometric details or genetic makeup (vi) addictions, sexual life (vii) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings and associated penalties or fines, (viii) the commission of any unlawful or objectionable conduct and associated penalties, or (ix) any Social Security Number or national identification number. If your resume does contain this information, then you agree that it is at your own risk. We cannot control third parties’ access to such information from our searchable database.
How We Store Information
Because managing your career is a life-long process, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make repeat use of our sites more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as described below. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your profile or resume at any time.
Access to or correction, update, or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by L-1Jobs if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you wish to delete or close your account or account profile information altogether, please click here to contact us. We will send you an email to confirm that your personal information has been deleted (save for an archival copy which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). The archival copy is retained only for as long as needed for audit and record purposes. We will also keep logs and information that may relate to your activity on the site.
We will respond to information access requests without undue delay of receipt and in any event within 30 days. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
If you are a job seeker with a public resume and have not logged onto L-1Jobs for an extended period, we may make your resume unsearchable. Separately, and regardless of your resume privacy setting, if you do not log into your account for a significant period of time, it will expire and be scheduled for deletion. Expired accounts are deleted on a periodic basis. Our current expiration period is approximately 36 months; we may extend or reduce this period in order to adjust to changing hiring patterns. If we change the period, we will update this notice. You will always receive an email from us before we delete your resume in this manner.
You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret.
L-1Jobs takes appropriate measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You should be aware that resumes may be monitored by your current employer.
When you place an order online at L-1Jobs, your credit card information is encrypted with industry standard encryption. This makes it difficult for your credit card information to be intercepted or stolen while being transmitted. L-1Jobs uses a service company to process its credit card transactions.
L-1Jobs is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
Safe Harbor and International Transfers
L-1Jobs complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. L-1Jobs has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view L-1Jobs’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
If you live outside the European Economic Area, L-1Jobs endeavors to comply with applicable law for the international transfer of your personal information.
Effective Marketing Systems Inc
PO Box 109
Huntington, NY 11743
We will use reasonable efforts to promptly answer your question or resolve your problem.
Cookies: L-1Jobs uses “cookies” to help personalize and maximize your online experience and time online, including for storing user preferences, improving search results and ad selection, and tracking user trends. A cookie is a text file stored on your computer. Cookies store bits of information that we use to help make our site work. They can’t run any code and don’t contain viruses. No one can read our cookies except us.
- Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account.
- Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of job search results.
- Analytics: We track traffic patterns so we can identify popular content and potential problems.
- Advertising: We use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising.
Some cookies will remain on your computer after you have left our site. Security cookies will remain for 60 days after your last visit. Poll response cookies will remain for 90 days, and L-1Jobs cookies relating to advertisements and site notices will remain for up to two years.
We also allow other companies to display advertisements to you while you are using our sites and applications. Because your web browser must request these advertisements from the other companies’ servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. L-1Jobs has no control over, and is not responsible for, the practices of those third party advertisers. The data stored in these cookies is anonymous and the information is not linked to your personally identifiable information without your permission. The cookies placed by our third party ad servers will remain on your computer after you have left our site for up to 20 years unless you choose to delete them.
Advertising Opt Out: Please note if you delete your browser cookies, your opt-out cookie will also be deleted. Additionally, if you change computers or web browsers, you will need to opt out again.
L-1Jobs also uses “Flash cookies”, also known as “Local Shared Objects”, to preserve video player settings and for user authentication purposes. You can adjust your settings for your Flash cookies here.
Social Media and Content Sharing
Referrals. If you choose to use our service to share site content with a friend, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. L-1Jobs temporarily stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.